38Schot, R. (2011). From Cult Centre to Royal Centre: Monuments, Myths and Other Revelations at Uisneach. In C. Newman, E. Bhreathnach, R. Schot (Authors), Landscapes of cult and kingship (p. 102-104). Four Courts.
The monument is also known as the Sídán. Schot writes, "The presence of a large-scale enclosure around the summit mound of Carn Lugdach suggests that the assemblies located at Uisneach in the early literature could very well have originated in the religious ceremonies that took place there in later prehistory."
Macalister noted, "We heard a story that this mound had been violated in comparatively recent times, and that a cist had been found within it; but if so, it was utterly demolished; and though we trenched through the mound, no evidence was found by us to shew that such a structure had ever existed.” (Macalister, R. A. S., and R. Lloyd Praeger. “Report on the Excavation of Uisneach.” Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Section C: Archaeology, Celtic Studies, History, Linguistics, Literature 38 (1928): 15. https://www.jstor.org/stable/25515935.)