146Petrie, George. "On the History and Antiquities of Tara Hill." The Transactions of the Royal Irish Academy, vol. 18, 1839, pp. 136-7.
"The ruins of the House of Mairiseo lie from the Shee (hill?) to the north of Neamhnach [the well]. There are three small stones around it [or in it]. In its structure, this house had a high middle and low tuarad. Mairiseo was a widow who was contemporary with Cormac. Every house situated in that manner, was not sorrowful, nor without plenty."

"...the House of Mariseo, to the north of the Well Neamhnach, [has] long been destroyed, and [its] site occupied by the church dedicated to St. Patrick, and erected since the time of the writers of these ancient documents." (p. 150)

"The poem states, that this house was situated to the north, on the brink of the well Neamhnach; and the prose account agrees. It is stated to have been high at its northern and western sides, and low at the eastern—a description which would apply to its locality on the side of the hill. The poem states, that Mariseo was the female of greatest beauty in all Ireland; and the prose adds, that she was a widow who was cotemporary with Cormac. The poem adds an interesting particular connected with this locality, that from this house out towards Meath, that is, along the side of the hill to the east of the road, the houses, or dwellings of Temur, were spread." (p. 178)