135Petrie, George. "On the History and Antiquities of Tara Hill." The Transactions of the Royal Irish Academy, vol. 18, 1839, p. 158.
"Of the less remarkable monuments within the Rath na Riogh, the first is Dumha na Bo or the mound of the cow, called also Glas Teamhrach, which is described as lying to the west of Dumha na n-Giall. This is a circular mound six feet high, and forty feet in diameter at the base. In illustration of the name or origin of this mound no historical or even legendary account has been discovered. It may, however, be remarked, that innumerable legends respecting the cow, Glas, which belonged to the Tuatha de Danaan smith, Gaibhnionn, are still traditionally current throughout Ireland."